Everybody produces ear wax however some of us produce more than others, Some produce excessive amounts of wax overwhelming ther natural migration of the wax. Other reasons can be:
- Wearing hearing aids or
ear plugscan block the normal path of the wax.
- Excessive hairs in the ear canal can trap the ear wax and block the normal path of the wax
- Very narrow ear canals can cause the wax to become impacted.
- Using cotton buds or other items to clean the ear can push the wax further into the ear canal causing to become impacted.
- Very dry and hard ear wax which makes it hard to migrate out of the ear (more common with age).
- The Ear canal has Exostosis (Bony protrusions) blocking the wax in and causing it to build up.
- Abnormalities to the layer of skin lining the ear which
meanit does not migrate sideways as it grows and sheds.